The next phase is ready!
The results from the initial half of 2023 keep us excited for what is to follow. Our team and contributors have shown commitment to bolstering high performance, usability and inclusiveness with the introduction of cutting-edge features.
Over the first half, our advancement has marked out further aspects of the plan, carefully captured in distinct deliverables for Q3 and Q4. These are reflected in 4 areas that remain central to our roadmap, and in general, Starcoin’s vision to build a secure infrastructure capable of scaling larger applications in Web3.
Enhancing PoW consensus
The traditional Proof-of-Work system has undergone important upgrades on Starcoin.
Starcoin utilizes a layered network with a parallel block creation mechanism, FlexiDAG, to balance throughput and congestion, while reducing security risks using the Move Language.
The remaining half of 2023 will see some important work done in enhancement of the PoW environment on the network:
• Enhanced Nakamoto consensus on DAG:
- Support manager FlexiDAG in the Starcoin move stdlib contract. (2023/09)
- FlexiDAG: launch the Starcoin with FlexiDAG consensus on a new test network. (2023/09）
• Enhanced Nakamoto consensus on DAG:
- Prove the security for FlexiDAG.（2023/10）
- Switch consensus of Barnard network to FlexiDAG. (2023/11)
- FlexiDAG: Support auto-adjust network in FlexiDAG. (2023/12)
- FlexiDAG: More modulable, and pluggable. (2023/12）
Increasing transaction performance
Building scalability into our framework is crucial to our vision. A new age of blockchain systems is one that is marked by speedy low-cost transactions that enrich user experience even for less Web3 inclined users.
We have had this in focus with TurboSTM innovation spearheading a unique approach to efficient parallel execution. Optimization will continue into the next phase:
- Network P2P module enhancement
- TurboSTM: add Schedule (2023/07)
- MoveVM improvement (2023/07)
- Integrate with Executor (2023/08)
- Parallel-Execution of TurboSTM launched on the Barnard network (2023/08)
- Parallel-Execution of TurboSTM launched on the main network (2023/09)
• TurboSTM adds aggregator support
- Aggregator Move (2023/09)
- Aggregator extension launch on the Barnard network (2023/10)
- Launch on the main network (2023/11)
Lowering validator threshold
Validators help to reinforce the principle of security within our PoW consensus mechanism. The expansion of resources that support our contributors will promote participation and improve the overall well being of the network:
- Use the accumulator on FlexiDAG to improve sync speed. (2023/09)
- structures are identical and efficiently determine the synchronization point. (2023/09)
- Optimize the storage to improve the performance of consensus and execution modules (2023/09)
- offline WriteSet sync (2023/10)
- Optimize the design of consensus storage, improve node robustness, and enhance the consensus recovery speed 2023/12
Improving the application development environment
Concrete updates will be introduced towards facilitating the developer cycle on Starcoin, enhancing a user friendly environment for creativity and innovation on Move:
• Introducing and supporting new features of Move:
- Starcoin Framework V12 move prover(2023/09)
- Starcoin Framework Support Table.
• V12 launch on the Barnard network (2023/09)
• V12 launch on the main network (2023/09)
- Introducing and supporting new features of Move.
- Research Gas Profiling (2023/11)
- Research Transaction Debugger (2023/10)
With the exploration of new possibilities to solve blockchain’s dynamic challenges, we are optimistic that Starcoin is laying the groundwork for advanced services in decentralized finance, NFTs and gaming.
The community’s support continues to inspire us through feedback and various forms of contributions.
Now, we build relentlessly together towards a secure, efficient and progressible Starcoin.
Stay tuned Starfam! Greater achievements lie ahead!
Starcoin provides the utmost security from the origin via its enhanced PoW consensus and Secure smart contract, using the language of Move. Through layered and flexible interoperability, it optimizes the building of ecosystems such as DeFi, NFTs, Gaming, etc., with higher efficiency and convenience. This process redefines value by empowering every participant in the ecosystem to enjoy the multiplication of values.
Follow Starcoin on social media to stay up to date with all the latest developments.