2023 Starcoin Roadmap
Every year comes with its challenges and wins, and you’ve been with us every step of the way. Thank you for keeping us in your corner!Here’s to a new chapter of improvement and growth!
As we look ahead to 2023, we are excited to share the Starcoin roadmap. We aim to build a secure, reliable, and efficient public chain through innovative R & D and groundbreaking practices. In terms of security based on the Move programming language from the origin, we plan to achieve this by focusing on four core areas: scalability, interoperability, and usability.
Enhancing PoW consensus
- PoW consensus algorithm improvement strengthens consensus security.
- Parallel-Chain Architecture
- Economic Proof of Work
Increasing transaction performance
- We are increasing Layer 1 TPS by transaction parallel execution, etc.
- P2P network optimization improves network performance (e.g., RPC optimization, scoring mechanism).
- Network hole punching
- Support QUIC protocol for performance
- Light node, implemented as web assembly
- RPC on p2p network
- Incentive on p2p network
Lowering validator threshold
- Provide offline import and export block function, and improve block import speed.
- Provide offline import and export snapshot data function and export support incremental export.
- Provide asynchronous write and batch read interfaces to improve DB read and write speed.
- Optimize accumulator write speed, and improve online synchronization block speed.
- Provide snapshot sync on p2p and block WriteSet sync
- Provide prune uncle block decrease storage size
Improving the application development environment
- Introducing and supporting new features of Move.
- Provide U256 type to improve the convenience of dapp development.
- Cookbook improvement to help developers quickly understand Starcoin development.
- Using local node accounts to deploy contracts in remote nodes, facilitating developers to deploy mpm quickly provides integration test function, and mpm integration test provides custom parameters and deploys function, which is convenient for dapp developers to test.
- Provide useful move data struct like HashMap and BigVector to improve the convenience of dapp development
By focusing on these four key areas, we can create a robust, user-friendly platform that allows users to transact securely on the blockchain.
In 2023, we will also continue integrating omo, a project that provides proofs for layer 2 transactions, into the Starcoin blockchain. However, this work will be more complicated and longer than we expected. Nevertheless, scalability through the layered solutions of the move ecosystem will still be an essential development direction for the industry in the next few years.
We are excited to continue our journey and build on our progress. We are confident that our hard work and dedication will continue to positively impact the industry and create an environment of trust and transparency in the world of digital assets. We are looking forward to the future and the opportunities it will bring.
Starcoin provides the utmost security from the origin via its enhanced PoW consensus and Secure smart contract, using the language of Move. Through layered and flexible interoperability, it optimizes the building of ecosystems such as DeFi, NFTs, Gaming, etc., with higher efficiency and convenience. This process redefines value by empowering every participant in the ecosystem to enjoy the multiplication of values.
Follow Starcoin on social media to stay up to date with all the latest developments.