Starcoin Weekly Report [01. 10–01. 16]
- Starcoin was invited to participate in a live blockchain session held by Blocklike with the theme “The Layer2 Pop”, along with Arbitrum, ZkSync, CelerNetwork, MetisDAO, boba network, and some other popular L2 projects. The event was held on BINANCE live platform. Starcoin chief architect Jolestar presented Starcoin’s Layer 2 protocol — StarGate.
- StarMask V3.4.0 released, optimize the process of receiving tokens, no need to add token addresses manually after receiving tokens;
- StarMask bug fix: in some situations, StarMask can’t display the number of tokens due to the capitalization of the incoming token address.
- Merge some latest Move language updates, improve the documentation of the Move package manager, optimize the development process, and improve the developer experience.
- Starcoin Foundation discloses two STC investments from outside investors. a) A 10,000,000 STC to USDT transaction for research and development on Starcoin’s layer 2 protocol — StarGate — in the coming year, which is a core project development expense noted in our white paper. b) Another 10,000,000 STC to USDT transaction for liquidity on on-chain DEX and Gate.io and CoinEX exchange is an ecological construction expense. The transactions used the STC/USDT TWAP(Time-Weighted Average Price) in the previous 30 days. The STC funds are from the foundation on-chain treasury, and all two transactions had been settled over-the-counter(not in the exchange) this month. Please refer to https://starcoin.org/en/overview/economy_whitepaper/ for more information about Starcoin tokenomics.
- Another 10,000,000 STC withdrawal from the treasury is used for the above STC/USD liquidity pair for a 50:50 ratio. The USDT from $5.b and this STC funds will only be used for liquidity and not be sold or transferred for any other purpose in the next two years.